Monday, November 15, 2010

PRESENTS FOR KANELI



Last week I had my birthday, and as I usually write a post about the occasion - well, here is Kaneli's birthday post of 2010. This was my third birthday that I celebrated in Finland, and regardless the important change of the front number (from 2 to 3, huh), I celebrated more or less alone. I have my friends and family either in Slovenia or in Jyväskylä, so the real party is yet about to come.

However, it was a nice coincidence that one of my favorite bands, Katatonia from Sweden, played their gig in Helsinki exactly on my birthday. Even better as I really wanted to see Katatonia live for ages, but for some reason I never had that chance. Now I have seen the band and I must say they are very good live as well.

I also have to show two presents I got for myself - a new corset and Kalevala Koru silver necklace. I was happy to get this new corset as I hadn't bought anything so alternative for ages, and I really like the necklace as I have always been a huge Kalevala Koru fan.  



And last but not least:  I have been tagged by Ulmiel a while ago to answer some questions, and now I finally have time to write my thoughts. 

1. Innie or Outie?
Introvert for sure. It takes time for me to open and show my feelings.

2. Unlimited wealth? Or Unlimited health?
Unlimited health. I guess I don't need to explain.

3. What is your favorite book?
Quite many of them, actually... perhaps, I can mention some writers like for example Sofi Oksanen, Haruki Murakami, J.R.R. Tolkien etc.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
In Finland because I speak Finnish. :P The second option could be Iceland; anyway, I like North.

5. What is your security blanket?
I don't have any. Stupid question, anyway.

6. What is your mode of transportation?
Public transport - a local train, tram, metro or bus. Sometimes also a ship and a plane. 

7. What is your signature scent?
Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, for years.

8. If you were at Hogwarts, what house would you belong to?
Ravenclaw for sure. I'm smart, but not too heroic. 

9. If you could be any Disney princess who would you be and why?
Bad Fairy. ;)

10. What is one of your bad habits?
I am too slow/lazy/unmotivated considering the work for my MA thesis.

5 comments:

alcessa said...

Many happy returns! (as in: may you return to places you like many times and feel happy many, many times :-). But also as in: happy birthday.)

Straight from the moose's mouth: life begins at 30. I swear it does.

(I am going to read my first Oksanen soon and that necklace is beautiful!)

kaneli said...

Danke and kiitos! Jep, I was already told (not by a moose, though) that thirties would actually be the time when the proper life would start. :D I am surely looking forward! ;)

The necklace is lovely, I agree... the very first moment I saw this Kalevala Koru collection My Saaga I knew I would like it for my BD. :P

Which Oksanen? I guess Purge is translated to German... anyway, I have noticed that some people like Oksanen a lot and then the other find her boring - but so it always is with art. :) She is a playwright and a dramaturg, as I used to be - perhaps that is the main reason why I feel her writing so good. Hard to explain...

alcessa said...

Purge, yes. I am quite willing to give her a chance. Have to stop reading Vargas Llosa first.

Riki said...

Ful si si lep korzet in verižico kupila. Dobro, da se spomnim in vsaj 1x na mesec prečekiram tale blog. :P

kaneli said...

Hvala za mnenje, tudi meni sta obe darili zelo vsec. :)